Search This Blog

Monday, April 16, 2012

Pie Recipe #16 - Million Dollar Pie


Not sure if I would call this recipe "Million Dollar Pie", but since I don't know what a million dollars tastes like, I guess I'm not exactly a good judge. On the other hand, if there is no chocolate in the mix, I have my doubts :). This is simple to make and is light and fluffy with chunks of fruit floating throughout. Remember-this makes 2 pies; for one, cut ingredients in half.

Ingredients: 1 (14 ounce)can sweetened condensed milk, 1/2 cup lemon juice, 1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed (or 1 1/3 cup of whipping cream, whipped), 1 (20 ounce can crushed pineapple, drained, 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained, 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling, 2 (9 inch) graham cracker crusts.

Instructions: In a medium bowl, combine condensed milk and lemon juice. Fold in whipped topping, mixing well.

In a separate bowl, mix together pineapple, oranges and cherry pie filling. Gently fold mixture into condensed milk mixture.

Pour entire mixture into pie crusts. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.

Recipe found on allrecipes.com submitted by Glenda.

Other recipes I observed included ingredients such as nuts and coconut. Add other (drained) fruit, if desired.

"As easy as pie!"

No comments:

Post a Comment